Towa Golf Club is a golf course like no other in “The City Different” of Santa Fe, New Mexico. What makes Towa Golf Club unique? Simple, there is no other course like it in the state of New Mexico. Named “Best Golf Resort in North America” as well as, “New Mexico’s Best Golf Hotel” by the World Golf Awards, Towa was designed jointly by twenty-time PGA Tour winner, Hale Irwin and most noted golf course designer, William Phillips. Arriving in the heart of the Pueblo of Pojoaque, they discovered the perfect canvas to create the perfect course. Set among hill tops and valleys, each hole takes advantage of the natural topography and unique rock formations to provide the perfect balance of scenic excellence and design creativity.
Towa Golf Club boasts three spectacular nines for a total of 27 breathtaking holes.
- The Boulder 9, built in 2001 by William Phillips, offers the only island par 3 in the state of New Mexico. With five different sets of tees, this course measures over 3,600 yards from the tips. Guests often request this nine because of the dramatic boulders which add to its beauty.
- The Pinon 9 also opened in 2001 and was designed by PGA Tour great, and Colorado Buffalo, Hale Irwin. Pinon opens with one of the most spectacular par 5’s anywhere. This course also is over 3,600 yards and offers even the best golfers a challenge.
- Our newest course, the Valley 9, opened in 2009 and was also designed by Hale Irwin. This course is very playable for our resort guests, and it measures just under 3,600 yards. Every hole has an unobstructed view of the Jemez Mountains.
After your game, unwind in the Towa Bar & Grill and admire the panoramic views of the valley, boarded by the spectacular Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountain ranges. To satisfy the most discriminant golfer, you’ll find all the equipment you need to kit out for the game in Towa Golf Shop.
The Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder offers the best Stay & Play packages for golf! Located just a few hundred yards away, the Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder will make your stay unforgettable. Merging the excitement and glamour of a Las Vegas casino with the relaxing ambiance and luxurious amenities of a world-class spa, we welcome you to the 587-acre oasis featuring infinite diversions and indulgences at Santa Fe’s most unique resort. However don’t take our word for it, read what previous resort guests have said:
“I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed every moment and every stroke (fortunately didn’t have to take too many!) at your golf course. My wife and I stayed at the Hilton and have decided we will come back to the Santa Fe area at least twice per year.” -John from Cleburne, Texas
“I just wanted to let you know that myself, sons and after-in-law all played at your facilities yesterday and had a wonderful time. The course was beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had such a good time that my son and I will be back tomorrow for another round rather than trying another course. I wish my country club back home was this nice, thank you.” –Troy from Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Public Course: 27 Holes Open year round, weather permitting. Tee Times are recommended and can be reserved 4 months in advance. Appropriate golf attire is required at all times.
- Facility/Services: On-site Resort, Casino, Two Putting and Chipping Greens, Driving Range, Full-Service Golf Shop, PGA Professionals on-site, Pro-Shop, Club Rental and Restaurant.
- Fees: Call the Golf Shop at (505) 455-9000 or visit hiltonbuffalothunder.com/golf for additional information.
- Getting Here: Towa Golf Club is located 12 miles North of Santa Fe on Highway 84/285.
-From Santa Fe, NM: Go North of Santa Fe on Highway 84/285 and exit at Buffalo Thunder Rd (exit 177).
-From Albuquerque, NM: Go North on I-25, exit 276B (route 599, Santa Fe Relief Route), and continue north to Highway84/285. Exit north to Española/Los Alamos. Continue north for 11 miles and exit at Buffalo Thunder Rd. (exit 177).
Towa Golf Club
40 Buffalo Thunder Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87506
(505) 455-9000 or (877) 465-3489
About Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder offers one of Santa Fe’s most unique resort experiences located on the sovereign Native American land of the Pojoaque. Featuring traditional Pueblo architecture, the AAA Four Diamond resort is home to a world-renowned Native American art collection valued at over $2 million maintained by an in-house curator. Rich with amenities for all interests, the resort offers 27 holes of golf at Towa Golf Club, Pojoaque-influenced spa services at the Wo’ P’in destination spa, lavish indoor/outdoor pool complexes, world-class fine dining at Red Sage and opportunities to enjoy Las Vegas-style gaming and sought-after entertainment and events at the adjacent upscale casino. With 395 guest rooms and 66,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, the resort is the largest of its kind in Northern New Mexico.
20 Buffalo Thunder Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87506