A Mulligan-Free Mother’s Day
Stylish ideas that won’t require a gift receipt.
By Suzanne S. Brown
(1) True Blue EP New York’s Beyond Blue collection (featured above) includes, from top, a color-blocked visor, $24, water resistant vest with pleated back, $99, socks, $11.50 and mandarin collar color-blocked polo, $73. epnygolf.com
(2) Trench Golfwear: After making an impact on fashion runways, camouflage is now hitting the fairways. Ouul’s stand bag comes in four color combos (we’re partial to “ocean”) and features a six-pocket design with an insulated beverage sleeve, a single strap with padded harness, soft lined pockets, a spring loaded umbrella clip and flex foot base, $320. ouulbags.com
(3) Glad Hand: When fashion industry veteran Mossimo Giannulli turned his eye for style and function to his favorite sport, the result was G/FORE, a line of cutting-edge clothing and accessories for the course and beyond. G/FORE cabretta leather gloves come in a wide range of fashion colors and patterns, $35. gfore.com
(4) Pretty Pleats: The slim-fit G/FORE mesh polo, $95, and pleated cotton blend skort, $155, make this outfit a functional and fashionable addition to her golf wardrobe. G/FORE’s waterproof leather Stripe Gallivanter shoes, $195, complete the look. gfore.com
(5) Fashion Forecast: Sunny yellow and stormy gray in this Adidas outfit will be up to changing course conditions. A UPF polo, $60, is worn with a wind pullover, $80, and shorts, $70. Accessories include a visor, $20, and Adipower Boost Boa shoes, $180. adidasgolf.com
(6) Top Hat: The Bianca visor made of paper braid is part of Wallaroo Hat Company’s new W Collection of natural fiber designs with a touch of glamor. The design has a 3½-inch brim and gold edge suede ribbon at the crown, $30. wallaroohats.com
(7) Fancy Footwork Biion’s retro design sensibility and high-tech materials combine in light, flexible shoes that mold to your foot. The spikeless hexagon-patterned cleat soles offer strength, stability and traction. Biion offers the tropical floral print Oasis and other patterns for women, as well as for men and children, $105. biionfootwear.com
(8) Pattern of Event: Cool and comfortable, EP New York‘s sleeveless pique drop button polo, $65, and medallion grid tile border print skort, $89 are built for performance as well as style. epnygolf.com
Suzanne S. Brown is the former fashion and features editor for The Denver Post. She also contributes to Mountain Living and Colorado Expression.
This article appears in the May 2017 issue of Colorado AvidGolfer. Subscribe today!
Colorado AvidGolfer is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.