Work on your lat and back strength to help you with deep rough shots!
For the best in golf fitness and tips, follow Elizabeth and Jason on social media!
You can follow Colorado AvidGolfer on Instagram with our handle: @ColoradoAvidGolfer
You can follow Jason Witczak on Instagram with his handle: @JWitPGA
You can follow Elizabeth Carpenter on Instagram with her handle: @Elizabeth_Diane22
Lat Pull Downs for Back Strength:
What you’ll need:
- A seated shoulder press or pull down machine (find in any gym)
How to do it:
- Set a comfortable, but challenging resistance level
- If you feel any part of your body outside of your back, shoulders and core are engaged you’re playing with too much weight!
- Take a strong, overhand grip at chest level
- Pull down in a controlled motion
- Allow the bar to reset at the top in a controlled motion as well. Don’t jerk!
- As you pull down, squeeze your shoulder blades together as tightly as possible before resetting to the top
- Repeat at 8-10 reps for 3 full sets and make sure to stretch before and afterward
Colorado AvidGolfer Magazine is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com.