This simple one-foot drill will help your weight transfer and strengthen your game!
Back with another useful training tool from the makers of Orange Whip, Class-A PGA Professional Jason Witczak of The Club at Pradera is here to show you the proper balance needed to hit that crisp iron shot.
This video drill helps to improve your hip flexors and swing plane throughout the entirety of your golf swing. Using the Orange Peel trainer, notice how Elizabeth Carpenter maintains a strong posture, allowing her hip flexors to hold her hips in proper position. When done incorrectly, Elizabeth hip would move backwards in the backswing, causing her to lose her balance on the training aid. Elizabeth keeps her hands on plane, her hips always moving toward the target and strong through her finish.
For the best in golf fitness and tips, follow Elizabeth and Jason on social media!
You can follow Colorado AvidGolfer on Instagram with our handle: @ColoradoAvidGolfer
You can follow Jason Witczak on Instagram with his handle: @JWitPGA
You can follow Elizabeth Carpenter on Instagram with her handle: @Elizabeth_Diane22
Orange Peel Drill for Balance and Swing Path:
What you’ll need:
- An Orange Peel Training Board (found at many golf clubs around the state)
- Or click the link atop the article to order one for yourself!
- A Surrey Stick (4-lb recommended)
How to do it:
- Take a normal address position atop the Orange Peel
- Take a slow, controlled back swing
- Pause briefly when the Surrey stick is parallel to the ground
- If it isn’t, try again until you master that swing plane!
- Bring the stick to the top of your swing, ensuring it is vertical (perpendicular to the ground)
- If the stick falls behind you at any point, restart the drill at a slower pace
- Repeat for 10 swings, then head to the range and try to recreate that perfect swing path and balance!
Colorado AvidGolfer Magazine is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com.